Smartphones & Tablets in the Classroom Part 1
In this course you will
- Learn about the best apps, technological tools software that can be integrated into the classroom using a smartphone or tablet
- Develop strategies on how to use technology and apps even if you have only one device
- Develop strategies on how to use smartphones and tablets when you are a CRT to quickly engage and motivate students
Smartphones and tablets are game-changers in the 21st Century classroom as they provide an immediate source of motivation for students.
Literally in the palm of your hand you can have access to a multitude of games, activities, puzzles, stories and other educational content.
Karina Barley is an expert with educational technology and in this webinar she will:
– show you how you can use this technology even if you have one device
– provide strategies and tips for using apps when you are a CRT
– show you the power of ready made technology like Twitter, Prezi and Socrative.
– illuminate how students can use these devices to demonstrate learning concepts
– demonstrate the use of Reflector which mirrors the iPad to your PC or IWB
NESA: 2.6.2 and 3.4.2
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.6 & 3.4
This course contributes to 2 professional development hours.