Smartphones and Tablets in the Classroom - Part 2
In this course you will
- Learn about the best apps, technological tools software that can be integrated into the classroom using a smartphone or tablet
- Develop strategies on how to use technology and apps even if you have only one device
- Develop strategies on how to use smartphones and tablets when you are a CRT to quickly engage and motivate students
Smartphones and tablets are game-changers in the 21st Century classroom as they provide an immediate source of motivation for students.
Literally in the palm of your hand you can have access to a multitude of games, activities, puzzles, stories and other educational content.
Karina Barley is an expert with educational technology and in this course she will:
- show you how you can use this technology even if you have one device
- provide strategies and tips for using apps when you are a relief teacher
- show you the power of ready made technology like Twitter, Prezi and Socrative.
- illuminate how students can use these devices to demonstrate learning concepts
- demonstrate the use of Reflector which mirrors the iPad to your PC or IWB
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.6 & 3.4
This course contributes to 2 professional development hours.
Completing Smartphones and Tablet in the Classroom Part 2 before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing standard descriptors 2.6.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.