ClassCover Pty Limited, including the Relief Teacher Association (in this document collectively referred to as “Class Cover”, “we”, “us”, “our”), complies with Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
- Your Data
Your Data means any information about you as a school (here on in to include school staff members) or casual relief teacher which is identifiable, including, without limitation, school/casual teacher name, date of birth, details and copies of identity documentation, licences, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, user passwords, comments, any additional casual staff personal and other information from which a school and casual staff can be identified and which you may disclose to ClassCover directly or electronically via email, website or otherwise, at any time.
- When does ClassCover collect school and teacher data
If you sign up as a user, ClassCover collects data when your school or casual relief teacher:
- Sign up;
- Provide (or a casual relief teacher adds themselves to) your list of relief teachers in order for them to be invited to create a ClassCover profile. School users have the ability to cancel an invitation to create a profile on request of the teacher thus erasing any user details from the ClassCover system in the process;
- Update your profile or settings;
- Create, modify or cancel a booking or event;
- When your school or casual teacher update(s) the availability status, bookings or profile information.
If you otherwise use the site (whether or not you are a user), ClassCover collects your data from you when you:
- Make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to us;
- Disclose your data to ClassCover or otherwise through the site at any other point.
- ClassCover may receive personal and employment information about you from the NSW Department of Education in accordance with clause 5 of this policy.
- How does ClassCover use your Data:
ClassCover uses Your Data to:
- provide you with ClassCover products or services that you have requested;
- monitor, develop, update and improve the site, services and your experience;
- process your registration as a user;
- process the addition of new members of staff to your account;
- process the invitation of you as a casual teacher to a specific school based upon their request to invite you by way of text message, phone call or email;
- collect feedback and information from third parties relating to placements of you as a casual teacher and your performance;
- process the connection between you as a casual teacher to a specific school or other organisation such as, but not limited to a sports coaching company, recruitment agency, that has a ‘School’ ClassCover profile and has found your profile details on the ‘Find New Teachers’ page, as you have made your ‘Profile Viewable To Every school’, via ‘Options > My Profile’.
- process all booking and teacher and school profile information;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you or in relation to you;
- investigate any suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use or user Terms and Conditions (as relevant) made by or otherwise relating to you as a casual teacher or school and to monitor compliance including by way of announcements to the site;
- send you and keep you updated with information by email about existing and new services and special offers from ClassCover;
- where requested by you, to send you information by e-mail about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs and information about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you;
- to maintain your account details;
- for emergencies.
- Direct Marketing
ClassCover will only engage in direct marketing practices in accordance with the law. To opt-out of receiving any marketing information from ClassCover you can:
- Use the facility contained in any such communication;
- Update your email notification settings via your profile – Options > Settings;
- Request ClassCover to be removed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Will ClassCover pass on your data to third parties?
As part of providing its services, ClassCover may pass your data to other parties as follows:
- Where you as a casual relief teacher and within your list of registered schools wish to contact you, they will be able to identify you by your name and any other information you may yourself disclose via the My Profile and Settings pages. Additionally, and as noted above, enabling your ‘Profile Viewable To Every school’, via ‘Options > My Profile’, ensures that all schools or organisations with a ‘School’ profile can view your profile and hence contact details via the ‘Find New Teachers’ page;
- To ClassCover employees and agents to administer your usage and the services provided to you by ClassCover now or in the future;
- Some general statistical information about the site user base, patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying school staff or casual teachers;
- ClassCover may disclose your data or staff data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions of use. ClassCover may also disclose personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, Work, Health and Safety Investigations or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act, other relevant legislation or authorized by you.
- To the NSW Department of Education for the purposes of verification by the NSW Department of Education of your accreditation status with the National Education Standards Authority (NESA). ClassCover will share your following data with the NSW Department of Education: your surname, date of birth and NESA ID. Please note, the NSW Department of Education may in response provide ClassCover with personal and employment information about you for the purposes of verification of your accreditation status.
ClassCover do not pass or sell your data to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above. Any marketing under this paragraph is conducted by ClassCover on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself or as a school choose to contact them.
As stated in the site Terms and Conditions, ClassCover has no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between you as a casual relief teacher or as a school to your list of registered teachers and vice versa.
For members of the Relief Teacher Association that participate in Professional Development hosted on the OpenLearning platform, your name and email address are captured by OpenLearning after entering the platform for the first time. For any questions or concerns regarding your data and OpenLearning please email email@example.com.
- Data Security, storage and retention of personal information
ClassCover endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your data. All the data collected by ClassCover is stored on secure servers within Australia. ClassCover takes all reasonable steps to ensure that it deals with reputable entities for the purposes of securely storing personal information. The information in transit between your computer and ClassCover server will be encrypted using 128bit SSL encryption (Secure Socket Layer).
- Notifiable Data Breaches
ClassCover complies with the amendments to the Privacy Act, effective from 22 February 2018, in relation to notifiable data breaches and has an updated plan to ensure compliance with the new requirements, including notification of the Australian Information Commissioner and affected individuals of certain types of data breaches, and is able to promptly respond to any suspected data breaches. A notifiable data breach happens when there is unauthorised access to, unauthorised disclosure of, or loss of, personal information which is likely to result in serious harm to the individual to whom the information relates.
- Rights of individuals located in the European Union (EU)
In addition to the Privacy Act, individuals located in the European Union (EU) may also have rights under EU based rules known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The key obligations under the GDPR include Notice, Individual Rights, and Retention. Each user has a right of confirmation (to confirm whether or not Personal Information concerning the user is being processed), access (the right to request what Personal Information is stored about the user and obtain a copy of that said information), erasure (the right to request that any Personal Information concerning the user be erased without delay when no longer required, or when the user withdraws consent), rectification (the right to rectify any inaccurate information concerning the user), portability (the right to receive the Personal Information concerning the user, which was provided to us, in a readable format), object (the right to object the processing of the Personal Information concerning the user unless ClassCover can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides the interests, rights, and freedoms of the user/data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims), restriction of processing (the right to restrict processing where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by the user/data subject for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the Personal Information; or the processing is unlawful and the user/data subject opposes the erasure of the Personal Information and requests instead the restriction of their use instead; or we, the controller, no longer need the Personal Information for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the user/data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims), as set out in Articles of the General Data Protection Regulations of the EU.9.
Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, though you do not have to.
- Links to other websites
Please be aware that you may access other websites through ClassCover site.
ClassCover is not responsible for the data protection policies, content or security of any other web sites. ClassCover does not have any control over the use to which third parties may put your data where you choose to purchase products or services or otherwise to contact them via this website.
- Access to and updating your data
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that ClassCover holds about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard.
You may access and update your personal information contained in your user area accessed by the Options link. You must make sure that you update your data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes. Alternatively, you can make a request to access your personal information by contacting ClassCover in writing to one of the contact addresses below. ClassCover will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. ClassCover must be satisfied that a request for personal information is made by the individual concerned, or by another person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf. ClassCover may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. ClassCover will endeavour to respond to written requests within 30 business days after a request is received by ClassCover.
- Making a complaint
If you believe that ClassCover has breached one or more of its privacy obligations, your complaint (including a summary of the privacy concern or alleged breach and copies of any relevant documentation) shall be addressed to one of the contacts provided in Contact Us section below. ClassCover will investigate the complaint and will endeavor to respond to you within 30 business days. ClassCover will take immediate steps to redress proven privacy concerns or breaches.
- Lodging a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner – personal information
If you do not receive a response from ClassCover after 30 days or if you are not satisfied with the response, you can then lodge a complaint with the OAIC (telephone: 1300 363 992 | at www.oaic.gov.au).
- Access to this Policy
This policy can be viewed at ClassCover’s website – https://www.classcover.com.au/privacy-policy/. Alternatively, you can request a copy of this policy using ClassCover’s contact details below.
- Contact Us