Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
In this course you will
- Gain a greater understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Learn about sensory needs and supports, including the way they differ between students with ASD and ways to tailor your lessons with them in mind
- Get a detailed overview of emotional regulation specific to students with ASD
- Develop strategies to support your students
- Gain an understanding of effective learning adjustments and accomodations to use in the classroom
- Feel confident in your role as a relief teacher with ASD students
If you are a relief teacher who is looking for ways to better support your students with Autism Spectrum Disorder you are in the right place.
Join your instructor, Tammy McMillan as she breaks down the specifics of working with ASD students as a relief teacher, and draws on her own experiences to provide actionable strategies you can start using in the classroom immediately.
About your Instructor
Tammy McMillan is a Queensland based special education teacher with a wealth of teaching experience in Australia and overseas.
Tammy founded Share Shape and Shine in January 2022 with a mission to support as many students as possible to have a safe, understood, and supported education journey.
With a range of courses and online resources available for teachers, schools, and soon, parents, the platform makes it easy to support students with additional needs.
Course duration: 3.5 hours
NESA: Completing Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder will contribute 3 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Students/children with Disability addressing Standard Descriptor(s) 1.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 1.1