Smartphones and tablets in the classroom - Part 1
In this course you will
- How to transform your smartphone and / or tablet into a valuable learning tool
- Best practice techniques that ensure responsible and productive use of ‘smart’ devices
- How to understand and appreciate the value of mobile technology in the 21st century classroom
The portability and connectivity of smartphones and tablets make them the perfect accompaniment for casual relief teachers wishing to keep an extensive selection of resources, lessons and games in the their pocket or backpack.
Karina Barley is an expert with educational technology and in this webinar she will:
– show you the best apps to have on your device
– explain how to use and broadcast apps from your device to TV screens and interactive whiteboard
– improve your confidence with mobile technology
– leave your exceptionally well resourced with free app suggestions and teaching techniques
– cover Apple and Android smartphone and tablet devices
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.6 & 3.4
This course contributes to 2 professional development hours.
Completing Smartphones and Tablet in the Classroom Part 1 before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing standard descriptors 2.6.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.