Smartphones and tablets in the classroom - Part 1
In this course you will
- How to transform your smartphone and / or tablet into a valuable learning tool
- Best practice techniques that ensure responsible and productive use of ‘smart’ devices
- How to understand and appreciate the value of mobile technology in the 21st century classroom
The portability and connectivity of smartphones and tablets make them the perfect accompaniment for casual relief teachers wishing to keep an extensive selection of resources, lessons and games in the their pocket or backpack.
Karina Barley is an expert with educational technology and in this webinar she will:
– show you the best apps to have on your device
– explain how to use and broadcast apps from your device to TV screens and interactive whiteboard
– improve your confidence with mobile technology
– leave your exceptionally well resourced with free app suggestions and teaching techniques
– cover Apple and Android smartphone and tablet devices
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.6 & 3.4
This course contributes to 2 professional development hours.
Completing Smartphones and Tablet in the Classroom Part 1 before 31 July 2021 under NESA’s interim arrangements will contribute 2 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and Assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing standard descriptors 2.6.2, 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
4 star average rating
(Based off 262 reviews)
“The videos were very engaging! Also the opportunities to share ideas and learn from others was great” – Teacher in TAS
“I loved this course. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me think about how I can implement the use of smartphones and tablets in the classroom” – Teacher in VIC
“I really enjoyed the collaborative component of the course. It was good being able to communicate with other members doing the course to get different perspectives.” – Teacher in NSW
The Relief Teacher Association offers over 80 hours of online PD to do at your own pace. To access the professional development on offer, simply create a ClassCover profile and upgrade to a Relief Teacher Association membership for only $99 a year. Our courses are recognised Australia wide. Learn more.
ClassCover connects relief teachers with local schools to get booked for relief teaching work or apply for full-time, part-time and contact roles in schools. By creating a ClassCover profile to access our teacher PD, you can choose whether you would like to be found by schools for relief teacher bookings, apply for jobs or simply access our PD on offer only. Learn more.