This course uses visual and hands-on resources allowing teachers to explore and overcome some of the challenges students face in their journey towards becoming literate.
Setting Your Students Up For Success focuses on the core concepts of hands-on learning and how to use them to engage, motivate and educate your students!
Topics addressed include:
- Common reasons for disengagement from Literacy.
- Exploring the relationship between engagement and behaviour management.
- Using hands-on resources to support writing skills.
- ·Utilising hands on and visual learning in English language word structure.
- Tactile and visual strategies that assist prompting in writing tasks.
This course is not only to help us understand hands-on literacy in our classrooms but also understanding the concepts needed to assist us in selecting engaging and effective resources and activities for our classrooms and Relief Teacher "bag of tricks".
NESA: 2.1.2, 2.2.2, & 3.1.2
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 2.1, 2.2, & 3.1
This course contributes to 2 professional development hours.
Relief Teachers, beginning teachers and those looking for a bit of refresher course!