Please Read the Information Carefully Before Submitting an EOI
The following EOI is for teachers in Queensland interested in tutoring in The Smith Family Catch up Learning program, run by ClassCover.
This program is conducted online
- Tutors need to be comfortable working in the online environment and either familiar with or open to learning to teach in Microsoft Teams.
- We may ask you to demonstrate the speed of your internet connection, quality of your hardware (your computer will need to be a recent model and able to run updates) and online teaching skills.
Teaching skills required
- We are looking for tutors who are comfortable in working with Lower Primary/Upper Primary and Year 7/8 students.
- Tutors need to be comfortable delivering both Literacy and Numeracy.
- Tutors are required to have relevant teaching registration in your state and a WWCC number or equivalent.
- Tutors need to be highly empathetic and understanding of those from disadvantaged backgrounds and flexible enough to accommodate the challenges associated with this.
- You either have or are willing to get an ABN.
- You must hold a Blue Card Working with Children Check (QLD)
- The commitment is 3 hours per week per student during the school Term for Terms 1, 2 and 3 in 2022.
- All tutoring is done after school and/or on weekends.
- Interviews will be conducted throughout December, 2021, all after hours or on weekends which is when the program will run.
- We will only contact those teachers required for interview.
Many teachers who engaged in the project in 2020/21 found it to be the most rewarding experience of their entire career.