Posted by Bilambil Community Preschool & OOSH
We are looking for an experienced Director with a completed teaching qualification in Early Childhood Education, proven leadership skills and strong pedagogical practice.
We want you to be as excited about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are. We also want someone who can provide equal support to our Preschool and OOSH services.
Bilambil Community Preschool & OOSH operates five days a week on the grounds of Bilambil Public School. We have been operating at our current location since 1991 and have developed a strong partnership with the school. We are blessed with a peaceful rural setting with a small parcel of rainforest right on our doorstep, which we utilise within our program.
We are a unique service, offering the community preschool experience for 3-5 year olds, as well as Before and After School Care and Vacation Care to preschool and school-aged children. Last year we completed extensions to include an extra playroom and upgrade many of our existing facilities. We are licensed for up to 50 preschool children and 70 OOSH children.
The position is full time as non-contact director. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the centre, including both the preschool and OOSH services. You will be supported in your role by a Preschool Coordinator, an OOSH Coordinator and a Finance Manager. Bilambil Community Preschool & OOSH belongs to the Northern Rivers Preschool Alliance as well as the Tweed Valley Preschool Collective, which will give you the opportunity to liaise and gain support from other directors in the area.
The team of educators and administration staff at Bilambil are a family where everyone has a voice which is heard and acknowledged. We believe that all staff bring their own strengths and knowledge which is highly valued. This role will see you being part of a community preschool and OOSH which supports the local communities’ families and children.
The successful applicant will have
- A current NSW Working with Children Check
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- A recognised Early Childhood Teaching degree level of qualification in Early Childhood or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Teacher Accreditation through NESA
- Completed training in Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children (CHCPRT001 – Identify and respond to children and young people at risk or CHCPRT002 – Support the rights and safety of children and young people)
- A current First Aid certificate as approved by ACECQA along with current approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management certificates
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) and how they apply in your state
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF) and My Time Our Place (MTOP)
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of qualified and committed early childhood professionals
- Knowledge and experience in managing state and federal funding, including Inclusion Support Funding.
Applications will close end of November 2020.
Commencement Date is January 2021.
How to apply
Please email you cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
We’re launching ClassCover Jobs soon where you will find more of these opportunities in your ClassCover account. Stay tuned….