Get a jump start on your teaching career by using your ClassCover profile to gain valuable classroom experience.
If you’re a university student studying education, you can now mark yourself as available for classroom support work and get booked by schools using your ClassCover profile. When you update your profile, you will appear when schools are searching for SLSOs, SSOs, LSOs, EAs, or TAs, depending on what the role is called in your state or territory. Keep reading to learn how easy it is to start getting booked for work on ClassCover.
Here’s how to get booked for education support roles
If you want to get classroom experience while you’re still studying, ClassCover makes it easy to get booked for roles at schools right around the country. Here’s what you need to do:
- Login to ClassCover via the mobile app or the web and go to your profile
- Make sure the role type selected is ‘University Student – not approved to teach’ which is located under your name.
- In the section titled “I am using ClassCover to”, you will be able to select indicate that you are open to education support roles. (Note: this option will only be visible if you indicated that you are a uni student who is not yet approved to teach when setting up your profile).
❗️Important: You will need to ensure you have met all relevant compliance with your state in order to work in an education support role. You will also need to have a current WWCC (Working with Children Check) number which your profile will ask for.
Here’s what you need
As with any school-based role, there are a few things you will need before you can be booked for education support work.
- Everyone working in a classroom role needs a current WWCC (working with children check) which lives in the “accreditation” section of your ClassCover profile.
- Depending on your state or territory, you may need additional documentation before you can be booked for work. This can be uploaded in the ‘Additional Documents’ section of your ClassCover profile.
A new dashboard, just for uni students
Uni students on ClassCover have a brand new, custom dashboard packed with content just for you. Your dashboard is the place to go for blogs, PD courses, and more to up-skill and prepare yourself for the classroom. You can also join our student teacher community to network with your peers, ask questions, and share your own experiences.